Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Agate Gold Leaf Coasters






I've been seeing coasters like this around on various blogs and home sites, but they cost a pretty-penny (like this set of two for $140- get outta here).

I've heard about gold leafing, seen various sets etc. while perusing the craft store aisles, but never tried it before. Amazon has lots of options for agate coasters, but I landed on these coasters and this gold leaf set

I will say, it's a little tricky to use. The process in a nut shell is, you paint on the glue, it dries and gets sticky, then you stick the leaf paper to it, then you seal it! I had to vacuum after to get rid of all the little gold flakes left everywhere, and wherever that glue goes, the gold leaf will be, so be careful!



1 comment:

  1. It's like you read my mind! I saw those pretty little coasters in your last post and thought, "oh no she didn't!" Love how yours turned out! Gorgeous, as always! And yes about the Ebates! It is phenom and, yes, use the link for my referral.. but seriously, there is no catch. It is awesome!!! You should set up and account and then share your link on your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete