Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Smooth Like Honey


On my way back from Italy (flying solo) I had the option to upgrade to a higher class ticket for a fraction of the price. With 10 hours staring me in the face, I did it. 
Once on the plane, they give you a little gift bag of goodies to get you through the flight. Included were things like lip balm, an eye mask, ear plugs, and a lovely tube of lotion. When I got home that lovely little lotion really stuck with me, so I searched for Perlier products. 

I love anything honey related. The taste, the smell, it's beautiful. Lush makes a body wash, It's raining men and it's my other favorite body product. But the above tightening scrub and lotion immediately took first place after I received them! The lotion is so moisturizing but doesn't leave any residue, and the scrub leaves skin feeling smooth and taught! 

also, good news, you can get it on HSN... woot woot.


In other honey news, here's a semi-new product at your local Trader Joes!  Honey has natural anti-inflammatory properties, but Manuka Honey also has magic antibacterial properties due to the components within the manuka flower.  UMF on the label stands for "unique manuka factor", and a number of 10 or higher means the potency of the flower in the honey is high enough for the honey to have medicinal or therapeutic qualities. 

For a calming and clearing face mask, wash your face, then slather on some of this honey. 15 minutes gives it the optimum amount of time to work some antibacterial magic and leave you clean, taught, and revitalized! (i like to slather it on, then hop into the shower; the steam does wonders and even makes it tingle a bit!). 



No comments:

Post a Comment