Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Peach Galette







My dear friend Taylor had gone out to Huber's farm with some friends the other day, and was so sweet to drop by after with some lovely ripe peaches. 

I had a disk of pie crust in the freezer from strawberry extravaganza post-my own trip to Huber's a few weeks back. 
[Unknowingly at first, the pie crust recipe i made was a double batch.] 

In an effort to not have a repeat fruit-pie, I decided on a galette to best use the quickly ripening beauties.  I've never made one, and, moment of truth...making pies look cute is hard for me. There's definitely an art to making an aesthetically pleasing pie crust. A skill I am no where near perfecting, and to be honest, am not totally interested in working on. 

Plus, "galette" sounds so much fancier, right?!
It's fun to say.
Go on... Galette

For this rustic treat, I adapted from the tried and true Martha herself. I decreased the sugar to 1/4 c because these peaches were just so sweet on their own.

It is so yummy!! and pleasing to the eye. I will def keep this in my recipe box.  

Thanks, Tay!
xox

2 comments:

  1. Oh you are so welcome! Glad you enjoyed them. And, yes galette is fun to say! And... your crust is totally beauteous! Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen skills continue to amaze me! And that peach concoction looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete