Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

NYFW: beauty


So I'm not much of a runway watcher when it comes to fashion. I love flipping through magazines to see what's hot for the upcoming season, and seeing the images from various shows. I'm sure if i was invited to go see a runway show in person i wouldn't think twice, but for now- my Marie Claire and Allure will suffice.

What I do like to look up however are the make-up trends that are being recycled! [because let's be honest- its all been done]. A few things I've noticed from this season's faces from NYFW are:

Under eye shadow.
Rodarte
 

Jason Wu
 I love the Jason Wu use of purple and the Rodarte smokey bronze under-eye. In re-creating this look though go light on the smudge. The Rodarte model looks great walking down the catwalk- but if you walk out of the house like that people are definitely going to think you're having a bad day or all your mirrors broke...


Bright naked eyes with a bold lip. 
DVF
Vera Wang

This is much easier to pull off if you're just not scared! Just remember your lip prep and it will all be okay.


1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine me trying the under eye shadow. I am 100% certain I would end up looking like a zombie! I think I will try the second look over the first! ;) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete