Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Reset



Welcome, welcome 2014!  How dearly looking forward to you I am! I managed to cross a few things off my list for 2013, and have set some new intentions for this year to hopefully be the best yet.

However, the holiday season has left me bloated and sluggish. It seems like I've been all outta whack since we made this huge life choice to buy a house. I'm truly trying to enjoy it and slow my roll on the pacing of things, but i haven't done yoga or posted here in a while. The things I was doing to keep myself grounded flew right out the window, so now I'm making the conscious choice to get them back.

I was looking into cleanses and came across this lovely new book. The authors (one a super overachiever and one who struggled with Celiac's disease) have put together great recipes and information on taking charge of your choices, healing your body, and re-establishing mindfulness about how you nourish yourself both on the physical and meta-physical levels. 

I'm a "type 3" cleanser, which includes 4 days of pre-cleansing, 3 days of juice only, and a post cleanse phase. I hope to break my sugar and bread cravings and maybe kick whatever's weighing me down! I also convinced a good friend of mine who's preparing for her wedding to do it too (hooray for moral support!).

I bought a bunch of organic produce and felt awesome leaving the store without a single processed item yesterday. My plan is to prep all the food for the next day the day before. SO yesterday I prepared my day one menu.

My day 1 menu includes:
water with lemon upon waking

veggie fritatta 

spinach salad and roasted chicken breast

avocado stuffed eggs

turkey stuffed peppers

So far so good. Also, the dinners for the 4 days of pre-cleansing are definitely husband friendly- so he'll just have to fend for himself through the weekend! Can't wait to share more about this experience here!


No comments:

Post a Comment