Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Welcome, 2013!


2012 was a fantastic year for us, and frankly will be tough to top.

I became a “Mrs” after 6 years of dating my best friend

We went on our free honeymoon (won for us through the votes of dearest friends and family on a “proposal story contest” on the knot.com- yes people win these things!)

J made the decision to leave the law, took a 3 week solo road trip
across America, and then started a new job.

We welcomed the first grandbaby into the Bruno family, my dear sweet nephew Pierson.

As far as New Year’s resolutions, I’m not a big fan. I think we have a tendency for setting big goals for ourselves and then chucking them completely out the window the second we start to slip. The gym has been packed this week- but give it a month and I'm sure it'll die down.



So instead of just focusing on all the changes that need to be made (i.e. eating better, drinking less, working out more), I've decided to highlight some of the beautiful moments life has to offer this year (those sparkling ones)! Here's a few I hope to enjoy:


Wear high heels more. Host a brunch with girlfriends for no occasion.  Spend more time outside with Zuko. Be nicer to myself and stop comparing myself to others. Host a few game nights. Have a monthly stay-in date with J where we cook something fun/new. Enjoy posting on this blog more and letting myself have fun with it. Hear more live music. Make ice cream. Take day trips to Huber’s for the vineyard or to pick fresh produce. Visit the farmer’s market. Buy our first home.

So on that note, I am making a choice to enjoy each moment and invest in myself more. I think I'll also start making more check lists. Welcome, 2013. It's gonna be a good one...I can feel it.


No comments:

Post a Comment