Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tipsy Tuesday: Plantation Fresh


This recipe makes two drinks.
Because sometimes you just want to enjoy a cocktail with someone else.
For me it's my husband, who made sure to complain that I was only making one of my yummy Tipsy Tuesday test-creations to enjoy solo.
whoops.. 

8-10 basil leaves
1 & 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
2 oz Gin
1 oz St. Germain
1 oz fresh lime juice
2 oz fresh grapefruit juice (I used ruby red)
2 splashes orange bitters

 muddle the basil and sugar in the bottom of a shaker until you get a pesto- like consistency. 
No need to add any liquid- the leaves will release all their oils and water.

add remaining ingredients and  shake for 30 seconds. Strain through a fine mesh sieve.  I chose a fem one for myself and something a little more masculine for my man. 

add ice to fill the glass and enjoy!

This libation has a distinct basil flavor and is pretty bitter with just a hint of sweetness. It's truly refreshing for an afternoon drink.  place it in a tall glass and fill with soda water or ginger ale to extend the life and sip it by the pool.

yum.

inspired by "the plantation" from the Art of the Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment