Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tipsy Tuesday: Grilled Peach Bellini






I love a good bellini. 
I keep 2-3 bottles of champagne/sparkling wine in my fridge at all times. You never know when you'll want to pop some bubbly to celebrate something! It may be silly, but I think the anticipation and then the "pop" gives special moments a little extra sparkle. 

So when I found out I passed a super-big-deal licensing exam last week, I had to break out a bottle!

As I giggled and danced around the kitchen, I saw the last two beautiful ripe peaches in the fruit bowl.  I saw a grilled peach salad on a blog I like to read the other day, and I thought to myself, hmm. Why not grill the peaches prior to smashing them up to mix with my bubbly.. surely it will caramelize the fruit and give an added smoky-sweetness to an already brilliant beve, right?

Yes. Holy moly, Yes.

Sprinkle peach halves with sugar on both sides and grill 1-2 minutes on each side over high heat. The sugar will start to burn/smoke a bit so be careful, and open a window.

Let peaches cool and puree in a blender with 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and 1 table spoon of white sugar. This took my vitamix about 6 seconds. 

fill bottom of champagne glass with 1-2 tablespoons of puree and top with bubbly.

Enjoy! 



1 comment:

  1. I had a delicious peach belllini while in Boston and I thought to myself, 'self, this can't be that difficult to recreate.' With that being said, I will use your recipe for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete