Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Invest & Protect



So... I have a little itsy bitsy problem with handbags. 

I love them.

very much..

I think purses are an investment and I make caring for them a priority so they will have long lives. 
(I also dream of being able to pass down my designer bags to my teenage daughter one day so she can be super hip with her then-vintage Tory Burch or LouisV.)

Enter the newest member of my collection! 
(Can you believe I didn't have a white bag!? uhg, and side-note i would buy it in every color if i could...so versatile)



Tip 1: I make sure to have a dust-bag for every purse! 
Most good designer handbags come with this little necessity, but if a bag doesn't you can order a cheap set on ebay.  This new one has a dust bag that matches the lining! so cute.


Tip 2: When you get a new leather bag, spray it with protector! 
I like the TLC brand above. In a well ventilated space - spray an even coat about 6-8 inches away from the bag. I wait about an hour, then go back and spray the most touched/used part of the bag again (ie. the bottoms, the handles, the back of this bag esp that will rub against jeans for example, I sprayed 3 times waiting an hour in between each spray). Let dry for at least 4-6 hours before using (overnight is best).


 Tip 3: Tie the handles out-side the bag.
This can help keep the shape extended properly, and help you pick out what the bag is easily if dust bags are all the same.


 Tip 4: remove long straps if you can, roll them up, and store inside the bag.
It will keep them from getting bent in funny places.


Tip 5: make sure they're accessible and store properly!
I keep everything stored on two shelves on the side of my closet. top shelf for smaller bags and clutches, bottom for the larger options. It does require some effort to tug my clothes out of the way, but I keep a tap light just inside to help illuminate my options and make finding what i want a breeze! 
I try not shove, and make sure everything has just enough space to not get bent or misshapen.

Also, depending on how long i've been using the bag, I will clean and protect it again before rotating it back into my closet. That way it's ready to go when I want to use it!

These extra steps will make those investments last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment