Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

o.BAM.a



In honor of the inauguration on Monday, I thought I'd do a shout out to the classic first lady, Mrs. Obama. This miss not only has a slammin' bod, but she also takes risks in her style choices. For the first time since the days of Jackie O. we have a first lady who goes for more then the pant suit, or a color to send the message of some political position. She simply has fun with her clothes and appearance. Also, these two lovebirds always look so happy in each others arms- it makes my heart melt. They're not afraid to show affection!

Inaugural Ball 2009, Dress by Jason Wu

For the inauguration, Mrs.O rocked a patterned coat and Jcrew gloves and belt. The best part about this I feel is that she's sending the message that her style is accessible. I mean i can go to JCrew and get those gloves, right?


I also wanted to share this great blog I found dedicated to this style maven herself.


I also recently attended a discussion by Kate Betts here in town. She's written the book,
Everyday Icon: Michelle Obama and the Power of Style. I'm in the processes of reading my signed copy and can't wait to share more about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment