Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gilded tips



I've been really into yellow gold lately. It seems this metallic tone is once again back in full force in the jewelry world, and taking front and center.

I had shellac on my nails for a few weeks now, and after a soak off and regular mani last week, my nails have felt brittle.  I decided to trim them down and apply my favorite nail strengthener  [I love it because it has s light sheen to it and dries superfast].  After one coat I thought my natural tips needed a little boost- so I opted for a pop of gold!



I cut arc shapes out of scotch tape strips and placed them over my dried-strengthener coated nails just leaving a thin exposed tip. I applied 3 coats of OPI "Glitzerland" polish waiting about 45 seconds in between coats, then removed the tape strips before the polish dried.  Top with another coat of strengthener and voila!


1 comment: