Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tipsy Tuesday: Pink Gin Punch




It's OCTOBER! ah! Time flies, huh?

I said to my husband this evening, I've got to make a pink drink for tonight! He looked at me confusedly and said, "what, why? ohhhh."

Yep, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

So while you're taking time to prep a costume and stocking up on candy for the end of this month, take some time to think pink and support. 


So, no worries about the white dust above. 
It's powdered sugar.

I'm going to be honest. I was lazy here and had no interest in making simple syrup. powdered sugar worked really great in my Pisco Sour, so i figured I'd try it here. This drink is definitely gin-y and packs a punch. The creme de casis and grand mariner really compliment the floral of the gin and play up its natural flavor. 

Gin Punch

1 + 1/2 oz Gin
1/4 oz creme de casis
1/4 oz grand marnier
1 + 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
juice of 1 lime
splash of angostura bitters

shake in a shaker and pour over ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment